Wednesday, September 4, 2013

August Wrap Up!

My first Wrap Up! How exciting!

For those of you who don't know, a Wrap Up is a list of books (or movies, shows, etc) that you have read in a month, and you make a list of what you've read! And it's done at the end of the month (hence the term "wrap up"). This is my August Wrap Up and I'm glad to say that I made excellent progress! I read eight books in August! EIGHT! That's a new record for me, since I'm such a slow reader.

Here's the list of my August Wrap Up:

★★★★
★★★★★





1. Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead (#5): The Vampire Academy has become one of my all time favorite series. I loved Spirit Bound, but it wasn't my favorite of the series. I think I struggled with this book because of Rose/Adrian, which I didn't like in the least (Please don't even get me started on Rose/Adrian).

2. Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead (#6): My absolutely favorite of the series! It was very fast pace and so interesting and so good! From start to finish had so many things happening (no dull moments thank you god), and I couldn't put it down.

3. The Boyfriend App by Katie Sise: I hate to say that this book was a huge disappointment. The writing was amateur, the events were illogical and the dialogue didn't go at all. Sise had such a good idea for a novel and she failed, big time. It was so bad, I couldn't even finish.

★★★★
★★★★
★★★★

















4. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (The Grisha Trilogy #1): A new fantasy world with magic that's executed beautifully is my kind of book. Bardugo's world of Ravka and the Grisha's made me fall in love with fantasy all over again (A whole new world equals a map of the new world, which is included in the book! I'm sorry but I'm a sucker for maps inside of books [I'm not sorry]). With beautiful characters and a great plot, Bardugo had me hooked!

5.Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo (The Grisha Trilogy #2): As soon as I finished Shadow and Bone, I just had to buy the next book! A+!! Even better than the first one and OMG, I am dying for Ruin and Rising! Why is 2014 so far away!!

6. The Elite by Kiera Cass (The Selection #2): I enjoyed this book much more than the first one. I'm a sucker for romance, and as much as I hate love triangles, I am in love with Prince Maxon so much that I'm enduring a love triangle just for him. I just recently made a review for it, which you can find here.

★★
★★★★

















7. Reboot by Amy Tintera (Reboot #1): As with The Boyfriend App, I was disappointed with this one, too. It didn't live up to the hype and had me bored for most of it. I wrote a detailed book review here.

8. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell: This book has become my new favorite contemporary!! This beautiful and amazingly tragic love story had me laughing and sobbing and my heart was being squeezed so hard I couldn't handle it. Easily one of my new favorite books! I wrote a book review on it, which you can see here!

August was such a successful month and I am super happy with my progress! Even though school has started for me in September, I hope to read as much as I did in August! (Will be posting a September TBR real soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment