Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Top Ten Books On My Fall 2013 TBR List



The Top 10 Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. This week's theme is top ten books on my Fall TBR list. (TBR = To Be Read).

For the Fall, I didn't decide on a specific genre (contemporary, dystopian, etc.), but instead on all the books I've been wanting to read as of lately.

Fall Releases:

1. Allegiant by Veronica Roth (Divergent #3): The final conclusion to the Divergent Triology and I can't begin to tell you how excited I am! Divergent is by far one of my favorite book series and is very dear to me. The fact that it's ending leaves me with a bittersweet feeling!

2. House of Hades by Rick Riordan (Heroes of Olympus #4): The ending to Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus #3) was so heart wrenching it left me wanting more, and I hated Rick Riordan for making me wait a whole year for the next one! Finally, this October, House of Hades is released and, if it's anything like Mark of Athena (or even more intense), I don't know how I'm going to survive.

3. Champion by Marie Lu (Legent #3): I remember when I first picked up Legend at my local Walmart, thinking it was might be an okay read. But as soon as I got into the book, I fell in love with it! Now, with Champion, I honestly can't wait to see how the story unfolds! Love, love, love this series!

4. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell: I fell in love with Rainbow Rowell and her writing when I read Eleanor & Park last month, and as soon as I heard about Fangirl, I knew I just had to read it! I love her quirky style and her wit and I can't wait to read more of her work! (Currently reading this book as on September 17)

5.  The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black: I'm going to be completely honest with you, the main reason I was drawn to this book was because of the cover! It's absolutely gorgeous and I'm so tempted to read books that have amazing covers! While I already started this book and gave up about 100+ pages in, I hope that when I get back into it, it starts to pick up more.


Already Released:

6. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (Mara Dyer #1): This book series is one of those was raved by everyone I follow on Tumblr and I have to see what the hype was about! I have a gut feeling that I'm going to love it and I can't wait to start the loving! (That doesn't sound weird at all does it?)
rare series that

7. The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle: Another book I was drawn to because of it's gorgeous cover! Not to mention it's a YA Contemporary books about opposites attract? Yes, please! I'm in the mood for some good Contemporary this month and I hope this doesn't disappoint!

8. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (Anna and the French Kiss #3):  Another contemporary to add to the list! I had read Anna and the French Kiss earlier this year and I absolutely loved it! (St. Clair! *sighs*). As soon as I heard that there was a sequel to Anna & TFK, I knew I had to continue reading! Perkins didn't disappoint with Anna, so I'm sure she definitely won't with Lola!

9. Ruby Red by Kerstin Geir (Ruby Red Trilogy #1): Uhm, a book that had time traveling as a a genetic trait, instead of it being a physical thing like a vortex (or a Tardis, you choose)? That's kind of awesome! I've heard nothing but great things from this series and I can't wait to start!

10. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (The Darkest Minds #1): Last, but certainly not least! This is another book that is everyone's favorite, especially in the booktubing community and, from the description on goodreads, I'm actually really excited to read this? It gives me a Graceling meets Shadow and Bone vibes (and those are my two favorite books) so this might end very well!

11 comments:

  1. Love your list! I need to read Ruby Red and Lola as well. Good luck with your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These are 10 our of the many books I want to read :)

      Delete
  2. Great List!! Fangirl made my list too :) I also really want to read The Coldest Girl in Coldtown and The Infinite Moment of Us. I hope you like Mara Dyer and Lola... they're ones I really really liked!

    My TTT

    PS- I like your blog name... it's cool sounding :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I started reading The Coldest Girl in Coldtown and it didn't peak my interest, so I put it aside for now. & lol, thank you! My blog's name took forever to come up with!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely loved The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. It's SO good. I hope you enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are the follow up installments of Ruby Red out in English too? I read them some years ago in German and felt like they are actually segments of one big story that was "forcefully" cut into three parts. I was lucky to be able to read them all one after another. I liked the story, very light and fun.
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only Ruby Red and Sapphire Blue are out, Emerald Green is set to come out October 8th! And that's great, light and fun stories are just what I need!

      Delete
  5. Great list here. I've read a few myself and want to read a few others.

    My TTT List

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving your list! House of Hades and Allegiant made my list as well. I also want to read Fangirl.

    I love the Mara Dyer books and The Coldest Girl in Coldtown was pretty good. Happy Reading!

    Kay @ It's a Book Life MY TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fangirl was such a good book! You should add that to the top of your list ;)

      Delete