Friday, October 18, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Champion by Marie Lu

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking The Spine, where we spotlight upcoming and highly anticipated (at least for me) releases.

 This week, my choice for "Waiting on" Wednesday is:

Title: Champion (Legend #3)
Author: Marie Lu
Publication Date: November 5, 2013
Summary from Goodreads: He is a Legend. She is a Prodigy. Who will be Champion? June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. 
June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps Elect while Day has been assigned a high level military position. But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them once again. Just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything he has. With heart-pounding action and suspense, Marie Lu’s bestselling trilogy draws to a stunning conclusion.

Legend is one of my favorite book series! No book is better than the last book in series (although that does not apply to Requiem *cough*) and I cannot wait to see how Marie Lu ties everything in together! Especially with that damn cliffhanger she left us with at the end of Prodigy? I need Champion asap!

What book can't you wait to get your hands on? Please leave a comment and let me know!

5 comments:

  1. I read Legend last year and it seemed a bit short to be honest, but this series has so much love and I did enjoy what I read, that I'm going to give the rest of the books a shot once this one comes out. And November is so close! Yey. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should! Champion was very good (though not as great as Legend in my opinion but still really good).

      Delete
  2. I've hear only good things about this series, I'll have to read it soon.
    Great choice, Karla.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should really start reading this author soon!! Ive been meaning to tackle this series!!

    Sarah
    http://theultimatebookworm23.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete