Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Top Ten Character Names I Love or Find Unusual

The Top 10 Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where each week you post your top ten best, worst, etc. This week's topic is top ten character names that I love/find unusual.

This list is in no particular order.

Female names:
  1. Katsa (Graceling Realm)
  2. Bitterblue (Graceling Realm)
  3. Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles)
  4. Alina (The Grisha Trilogy)
  5. Genya (The Grisha Trilogy) (I pronounce it Gen-ya, not Jen-ya, sorry)
  6. Vasilisa (Vampire Academy Series)
  7. Annabeth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians series)
  8. Hazel Grace (The Fault in our Stars)
  9. Primrose (The Hunger Games)
  10. Laurel (The Wings Series)
Male names
  1. Jonah (The Last Song)
  2. Maxon (The Selection)
  3. Aspen (The Selection)
  4. Balthazar (The Evernight Series)
  5. Po (Graceling Realm)
  6. Dimitri (The Vampire Academy Series)
  7. Crickett (Dear Life, You Suck)
  8. Kai/Kaito (The Lunar Chronicles)
  9. Peeta (The Hunger Games)
  10. Raffe (Dark Guardian Series)
I broke the rules and chose ten male and female names, lol. I couldn't choose! They're all my favorites.

So, what are your favorites? Leave a comment below and let me know! 

10 comments:

  1. Oh I love your list! so many of my favorites here! How did I forget about Prince Kai I put down Matched Ky but I prefer the Kai spelling
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great names! I ut down Ky from Matched but it did annoy me that it was spelt Ky instead of Kai if I'm honest. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Primrose is so unusual, I love it!
    Great picks!

    My Top Ten Post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. High five for Alina - it's just so pretty! I've always loved the name Jonah too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This week was hard for all of us over at the blog, so many amazing names to choose from! Looks like you had no trouble at all. ;) Great picks!

    Our List
    Andy @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the name Hazel Grace, it's so pretty. And Laurel. And Annabeth. Haha, I love all of your names!

    ReplyDelete
  7. good list. i am in love with dimitri. i wanted to like vasilisa (i love her character and nickname 'lissa') but it just keeps reminding me of vasiline lol. alas.

    my ttt

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you cheated too and had twenty names :D I love the name Vasilisa too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristin Cashore comes up with such unusual names for her characters. I can't believe I didn't include Bitterblue...what was I thinking? Great list and thanks for stopping by! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete