Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Book on My Winter TBR

The Top 10 Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where each week you post your top ten best, worst, etc. This week's topic is top ten books on my winter tbr list!

Winter is the best season to curl up on the couch with a warm cup of hot chocolate and a good book! (Something I've been dying to do once my final exams are over). I've complied a list of books I'm dying to read this winter, and they were chosen randomly.



1.  All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terril: I don't know much about this book but a good friend of mine recommended it to be and the premise does sound really good, not to mention time travel? Yeah, I'm in there.

2. Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis: This book interests me so much. I mean, it's about a girl who gives in the middle of the forrest and guards her lake. What on earth could happen in this book? Answer: A lot of things and I'm excited to find out.

3. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black: I started reading this book when it first came out, but I couldn't get invested in the characters so I had to put it down. Hopefully, soon, I'll pick it up again and like it more this time around and actually finish.



4. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein: A book written in a dog's point of view?? Absolutely! I'm a big dog person! Every time I look at my puppy's eyes, I always wonder what she's thinking and this book might be the best substiture.

5. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern: I have heard nothing but great things about this book and the premise sounds amazing.

6. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein: I am completely obsessed with the Lord of the Rings movie and the Hobbit movie (The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug comes out this weekend! YAASSS!!) so of course, I am dying to read the books. I started The Hobbit a couple of years ago, but I had to put it down because school was too much. But I can't wait to read it!  (And seriously, how gorgeous are these new 75th anniversary edition covers?!)



7. Where'd you go, Bernadette by Maria Semple: A cute family story about a mother and daughter relationship is something I definitely want to try. Can you guys tell I'm easing my way into the Adult genre? :-)

8. Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloane: Again, another book I heard great things about. What caught my interest is the word "bookstore" in the title, since I'm obsessed with buying books and going to Barnes and Nobles - hell, even Amazon.com is my new home now.

9. 45 Pounds by K.A. Barson: Never enough stories with big boned women, in my opinion (or I just haven't come across a lot of them). I feel like I could really relate to this story, being a big boned woman myself, and I'm kind of excited.


10. Ruby Red by Kierstin Gier: Last but not least! Again, another book I've heard great things about, and it's a cute story about time travel! No, I haven't read any books on time travel, but it's something different, you know? I'm always excited to venture into new territories and try out new things!

What books are you looking forward to read this Winter? Please leave a comment below and let me know! And if you have any suggestions as to which book I should read first, please feel free to send them my way!

10 comments:

  1. The Art of Racing in the Rain is one of my all time favorites, I hope you enjoy it as well! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your good friend is very smart as All Our Yesterdays is AMAZING! Loved that book so so much. And I too plan to read Not A Drop to Drink.

    My TTT List

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I really, really want to read Not A Drop To Drink but that one will have to wait till after Christmas! Hope you get to them all :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read everything on this list except for #1 and #2 and Not a Drop to Drink is on my list this week. Thanks for stopping by, and for reminding me that I need to read All Our Yesterdays! Happy winter! ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought The Coldest Girl in Coldtown and plan to read it soon!

    The Night Circus was such a great book. The writing is SO gorgeous.

    Emma @ Spun With Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I really liked Ruby Red- I need to get back into that series

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice list! I'm interested in reading The Coldest Girl in Coldtown. I heard Holly Black talk about it down at the Library of Congress National Book Fair back in September. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also waiting for final exams to be over to begin my reading lists! I LOVED the Night Circus. It gets detailed at times but it is worth every minute of reading. ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Night Circus is great - definitely a winter-y book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had the same experience with Coldest Girl in Cold Town. It sounds so good, but when I started reading it, something was keeping me from getting invested in the story, so i took it back to the library. i keep hearing good reviews though, so i would like to give it another try! and i just finished reading 45 Pounds, I'm going to have a review up tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete