Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Read In 2013


The Top 10 Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where each week you post your top ten best, worst, etc. This week's topic is top ten books I read in 2013.

This year, I read a total of 54 books! (Yay! *Claps myself on the back*). It's not a huge feat, compared to other readers, but for me it's quite an accomplishment, since I'm such a slow reader. I'm actually really proud of myself :-)

In 2013, I read so many amazing books, and it was hard to choose my top ten! A lot of good books were released (and discovered) this year, and I know 2014 will be an even greater year for me, bookwise! Some of the books I read this year (okay, the majority) are part of a series and I couldn't choose just one book from the series, so I put the whole series in my list! (It's not cheating, right? *winks*). My list is in no particular order.

1. Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead: As a spinoff from the Vampire Academy series, I can't begin to explain how much I loved this series! I can't believe I ever thought it was going to be boring omg. I devoured the first four books so quickly! And now I'm dying for the next book, Silver Shadows! Bless Richelle Mead for writing such addicting books.

2. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell: This book warms my heart and breaks my heart at the same time every time I think of it. Eleanor & Park hit so close to home (in a small but powerful way) that I will always consider this book one of my favorites.

3. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell: Yes, another 2013 favorite also by Rainbow Rowell. And yes, another book that hit close to home. I feel like Eleanor & Park and Fangirl mushed together is me completely. Rainbow Rowell had a beautiful way of writing that makes you fall in love with all of her characters and just get so invested in the story. Bless 2013 for introducing me to Rainbow Rowell. Definitely going to be reading all of her books, no matter the genre!

4. The Host by Stephenie Meyer: I had no idea what to expect from this book, and I was completely surprised as I was blown away by it. Such an amazing book! Such a great plot with wonderful characters, and just love spurting out from everywhere. If The Seeker really is a sequel that's coming out, I need it, like, yesterday.

5. Graceling by Kristin Cashore: Another book that blew me away! Never once get a book that barely had little to no romance and still had me hooked! Kristin Cashore is such a great writer and the world in Graceling is just amazing. Lets not forget Prince Po and Katsa *sighs*

6. The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead: I remember all my friends on twitter raving about this book and it was long overdue before I was sucked into the black hole that was the Vampire Academy series. This is seriously such a great series with great characters and so much strength and love. A series I recommend to everyone!

7. Shadow and Bone & Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo: Where can I even begin to explain the perfection that is this series????????? *Screams from the top of the highest mountains* This series so amazing! The day the last book of the series is released next year is the day of my death.

8. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancy: A book with such a huge hype that is much deserved. Such a well-written book about an alien apocolypse/epidemic with wonderfully kick ass characters. The sequel is one of the top 2014 sequels I am crazy anticipating.

9. Cinder & Scarlet by Marissa Meyer: This book deserve so much more attention and popularity than it has! It's such a good series! A fairy-tale retelling set in the future with cyborgs and robots and lunars with an amazing plot and amazingly written characters?? Yes, please. Cress comes out 2014 and I need it as asap as possible!

10. Just One Day by Gayle Forman: I loved everything about this book. It was wonderfully sweet and the fact that I was able to relate to Allyson, a character I really liked, made the reading experience much better.

7 comments:

  1. The Lunar Chronicles are my favorite, so I love that they're on your list (Scarlet's on mine)! I also really need to read Eleanor and Park. :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/12/30/13/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Lunar Chronicles, too. which is so weird because they aren't my normal reads. My girls got me into them. Happy New Year!

    http://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2013/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-read-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really really happy that you love both Vampire Academy and The Bloodlines Series, they are both one of my favourite series ever. I really need to start reading some Rainbow Rowell.
    http://angelreads.com/?p=442

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Vampire Academy too! It's one of my all-time favorite series. I haven't started on Bloodlines though.

    My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't read Just One Day. I keep hearing how perfect it is.
    My Books of 2013
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous list. I loooove Vampire Academy. So much. It's one of my all time favourite series, and Rose is one of my favourite characters. I adore her. I also loved Eleanor & Park! My friends recommended it to me, but I wasn't expecting to love it so much. It hit close to home with me as well, and that's probably one of the reasons I liked it so much. It was a tough but fantastic read. Also YES to Siege and Storm, and to Scarlet! Adore them both.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list. You've got some really amazing books on your list. I really need to read some Rainbow Rowell, keep hearing so many amazing things about her books. I just got Shadow & Bone and Siege & Storm for Christmas and I can't wait to read them. Happy New Year :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete