Friday, January 24, 2014

So Many Series! So Little Time!


I've decided to add a new segment to my blog: Book Talk Friday. All my posts that are non-reviews, but still book relatable will be posted on Friday's for Book Talk Friday. I'm not going to promise that I will post a topic every Friday, but a big part of me wants to try! *crosses fingers*

This week's post was inspired by the lovely Gaby over at Queen Ella Bee Reads. A couple of months ago, Gaby took the idea to gather all her books and put section them off from another book blogger and made up her own list, according to her own reading history. As I was reading through her list, I looked at my pile of books and started wondering which series I've dropped, which series I've completed and which series I haven't even started but I own them anyways. 

So earlier this week, ridden with insomnia, I sat on my bed late at night and wrote out a list, organized my books into different sections and figuring out which series I've started, finished, etc. (Also, it just gave me another reason to make a list. I love making lists! That's completely normal. Right? No? Oh ... *hides in corner*)

So, I've complied my books into 4.5 categories (one category is in two parts). After I finished this list, it surprised the hell out of me. My outcome wasn't what I was expecting, at all.

Series I've completed
- PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS by Rick Riordam
- THE HUNGER GAMES by Suzanne Collins
- LEGEND by Marie Lu
- DELIRIUM by Lauren Oliver
- THE MAZE RUNNER by James Dashner
- VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead
- TWILIGHT by Stephenie Meyer
- THE DARK GUARDIANS by Rachel Hawthorne
- DARKEST POWERS by Kelley Armstrong
- EVERNIGHT by Claudia Gray
- HARRY POTTER by J.K. Rowling
- JUST ONE DAY by Gayle Forman (I know it's not a series, but it does have a companion, so ...)
- DREAM CATCHER by Lauren Kate
- RUBY RED by Kerstin Gier
Total: 14

Series that are unfinished but I'm desperate for the next installment
- HEROES OF OLYMPUS by Rick Riordan
- SHATTER ME by Tahereh Mafi (Less than two weeks, folks! *squeals!*)
- ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins
- LUNAR CHRONICLES by Marissa Meyer (Also in less than two weeks! *squeals even more!!*)
- SHADOW AND BONE by Leigh Bardugo (Where is June?? Where is it?!?!)
- THE 5TH WAVE by Rick Yancy (I will die when The Infinite Sea comes out)
- BLOODLINES by Richelle Mead (I need this book, like, yesterday)
- ALL OUR YESTERDAYS by Cristin Terrill (Only out in 2015! Why! *cries*)
- THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER by Michelle Hodkin (Currently on book #2!)
- LET THE SKY FALL by Shannon Messenger
Total: 10

Series that are finished but I haven't finish them yet, but I will! Eventually!
- BEAUTIFUL CREATURES by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- GRACELING by Kristin Cashore (I know! I know!)
- WINGS by Aprilynne Pike
- UGLIES by Scott Westerfeld
- ACROSS THE UNIVERSE by Beth Revis
- THE IRON FEY by Julie Kagawa (I'm disappointed I didn't finish this one yet tbh)
Total: 6 (Not that bad, huh?)

Series of which I own the first book but haven't gotten to it yet
(This is the embarrassing list, oh man)
- UNDER THE NEVER SKY by Veronica Rossi (The trilogy is ending! I must read soon!)
- THE GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNE by Rae Carson (I know!)
- THE DARKEST MINDS by Alexandra Bracken (Don't look at me!)
- THE LAND OF STORIES by Chris Colfer (I kinda don't know why I bought this book tbh?)
- THE GATHERING by Kelly Armstrong (I hope it's as good as the Darkest Powers)
- FROZEN by Melissa De la Cruz and Michael Johnston (Does this count? It just came out, Idk)
- THRONE OF GLASS by Sarah J. Maas (*cowers under your incessant stare* I know!)
Total: 7

Series that I gave up on
(Oh no, wait - this is the embarrassing list) I drop books for many reasons. But for these, it was either because I hated it so much, or it was because I has stated reading these when I was a young teenager and couldn't keep track of them all, and would forget about a series *shrugs*
- THE IMMORTALS by Alyson Noel
- MATCHED by AllieCondie
- SHIVER by Maggie Stiefvater (Maybe I should finish this one, just to see how it ends?)
- THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS by Cassandra Clare (Ugh don't even get me started!)
- NEED by Carrie Jones
- FALLEN by Lauren Kate
- PRIVATE SERIES by Kate Brian
- IT GIRL SERIES by Cecily Von Ziegesar
- THE CLIQUE SERIES by Lisi Harrison g
- HUSH, HUSH by Becca Fitzpatrick
- I AM NUMBER FOUR by Pittacus Lore
- WICKED LOVELY by Melissa Marr
- GALLAGHER GIRLS BY Ally Carter
- ANGELFALL BY Susan EE (Ugh)
- OBSIDIAN by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- BLUE BLOODS by Melissa de la Cruz
Total: 16

Wow. That was a lot of books, huh? I certainly thought so when I was making the lists. Especially the dropped series list; I didn't expect to find that I dropped all those series lol whoops. But I am glad to say I'm making good progress on my books that need to be read! Woo-hoo for me!

So, which series have you completed and/or not completed? Do you have any recommendations which books to choose from in my Series To Be Read list that I should read or maybe not read? Please, leave a comment below and let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Great list! I keep a semi-updated list of series that I'm working on/want to start on my blog (http://tempestbooks.wordpress.com/what-im-reading-now/progress-on-book-series/), and I really like being able to keep track of it. It was a big job to figure out what the heck series I'd finished and started, but thank god for Goodreads to help me out on that! Lately I've really been working on finishing those series that I've been in the middle of, and I feel like I've done a pretty good job. I've either finished or got completely caught up on like 10 in the past couple months I think.

    ReplyDelete