Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Top Ten Tues: Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want To Live In

The Top 10 Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where each week you post your top ten best, worst, etc. This week's topic is top ten world I'd never want to live in or top ten characters I'd never trade places with.

The genre I usually read is Young Adult and I think I speak for all when I say almost all the worlds in which the books I read take place are worlds I'd never want to be sucked into, am I right? Most dystopian novels take place in such crappy places, and I'm pretty sure I'd never survive in. I can't even think to trade places with any of the characters. If I ever traded places with Katniss, I wouldn't have lasted a day  in the Hunger Games.

I've decided to do both world's I'd never want to live in and characters I'd never trade places with for my top ten tuesday, to, you know, shake things up :-)

Worlds I'd Never Want to Live in

1. Panem / The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: Growing up in constant poverty, I would get used to (if I didn't die from it first), but I would live in mortal fear in my teenage years, hoping that my name was never picked for The Hunger Games. I know I wouldn't last a day in the arena, unless I hid. But if someone found me, I wouldn't be able to run very far because I'm a big girl and I'm pretty sure I'd be slaughtered before I made it ten feet.

2. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black: My butt would be infected immediately, and I'd be stuck quarantined in Coldtown. (I still have to read this book I don't know why I'm procrastinaiting).

3. Godspeed / Across the Universe by Beth Revis: A spaceship where my water was contaminated to manipulate me? Lol, no thanks.

4. Angelfall by Susan Ee: Angels taking over the world sounds marvelous, but half angels who doomed Earth is not something I ever want to experience.

5. Illea / The Selection by Kiera Cass: An unfair caste system is not something I would ever dream to endure. Especially if I'm not good at the professional my caste is specialized in.

6. Reboot by Amy Tintera: It's great that people are brought to life after they die, but they become empty souls, kind of, and are used as puppets that kill. No, thank you.

7. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi: It sounds like those poor, innocent people live in a wasteland and barely have enough scraps to survive. Not to mention always being thrown around like toys by the Reestablishment.

Characters I'd Never Want to Trade Places With

8. Tris / Divergent by Veronica Roth: This poor girl goes through so much, and I feel like if any of the things that happened to her happened to me, I'd be a wreck.

9. Lena / Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl: Lena goes through a lot of emotional damage, not to mention the pressure of being either a light or dark caster. (I haven't finished the series so Idk what happened).

10. Katniss Everdeen / The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: I know I already used THG but I couldn't resist. Katniss goes through one shitty thing to another, starting a rebellion she didn't intend, having the President hate her and wanting her dead, this poor girl never gets a break.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! I just found your blog through Top 10 Tuesday. All great picks! Many of those sound super creepy. I posted about characters I would never want to be on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely with you on The Hunger Games/Katniss. I wouldn't survive in that world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on the worlds and I totally agree with you on Lena - it would suck to be possibly go dark and not have any choice!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good list, I agree with what you said about Panem I would surely not like it there and I doubt I would last long in the games although I don't know how I would react in a life or death situation so I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete