Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Top Ten Characters Who Make Me Swoon

The Top 10 Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where each week you post your top ten best, worst, etc (and each week is probably more fun than the last). This week's topic is top ten characters who (blank), and I chose characters that make me swoon!

I'm sorry that I've been MIA as of late! I've been crazy with my reading slump, which I feel like I"m slowly getting out of (maybe as soon as I finish Never Fade?). But, with the start of my new BookTube Channel, I hope that'll change soon! 

FYI: This list is in no particular order, and they do not include actors from the book-to-movie adaptation.

1. Liam Stewart (The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken): This little ball of southern perfection is on my list because I'm currently reading Never Fade and my heart literally swells three times its size whenever his name is even mentioned, okay. I mean, it's bad. I just want to hug him and protect him from everything.

2. Day (Legend by Marie Lu): Sighs. Day. My little sassy criminal. The love of my life. Day is one of those characters that is rooted to my core, you know? (As is everyone else on this list, lbr). I've loved him from the beginning and I will love him always. Also, can we just talk about how cool is real name is? (I will not say it, bc spoilers, I guess? But for those of you who know, you know).

3. Peeta Mellark (The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins): PEEETTAAA. Literally my baby. I met Peets early in my dystopian days and since then, I can never get over him. The fact that he was constantly bullied, but has so much warmth and compassion in his heart literally makes me cry.

4. Levi (Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell): Fucking Levi. I want a handsome college boy who works and starbucks and loves me so much that he'll bring me free Pumpkin Spice latte's and lets me read my favorite books to him. Rainbow, where can I get me a Levi???

5. Adrian Ivashkov (Bloodlines by Richelle Mead): Oh, Adrian. We've come a long way. Remember when you annoyed me in the Vampire Academy series? Wow, wasn't that a trip? Lol, but honestly, I do not like Vampire Academy!Adrian bc of his involvement with Rose (a character I'm not really fond of), but Bloodlines!Adrian? Yes, please, any day. (I know there's no difference between VA!Adrian and Bloodlines!Adrian but ugh fucking Rose. Plus, Sydney is a million times better for him and with him sooooo ... )

6. Peregrine (Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi): This one snuck up on me! I read the Under the Never Sky trilogy this past month and I completely underestimated how much I was going to love it. Perry's compassion and care for his tribe and Aria always makes me want to squeeze him in a bear hug real tight and never let him go!

7. Wolf (Scarlet by Marissa Meyer): WOLF. My precious little beast who has gone through nothing but torture oh my god my heart literally aches when I think about you!

8. Carswell Thorne (Scarlet by Marissa Meyer): My sassy captain! Who doesn't love you, like come on? But seriously, if you don't love Captain Carswell Throne, I will literally come smashing through your door with an army and list all the reason why you are wrong.

9. Evan Walker (The 5th Wave by Rick Yancy): YOU- I- HE- WHAT- OH MY GOD. EVAN. *cries* *goes on goodreads and reads all of Evans quotes* *cries harder*

10. Finn (All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill): Jesus, I'm finally at #10, I'm surprised I haven't combust from all these feelings. My precious Finn *clutches heart* My Finn who will do anything in his power to have his best friend and a girl who barely thought twice about her, because he loved her so much FUCK OKAY NOW I'M READY TO COMBUST.

+ Also, shameless plug! Here's my first video in my brand new book tube channel! *squeals!*

 

8 comments:

  1. I really like Finn from All Our Yesterdays! Great choices! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got to the part in Cress where Carswell lays a big kiss on Cress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Yes. 2. Yes. 3. Yes. 4. Yes. 5. Haven't read. 6. Yes. 7. Yes. A million times Yes 8. Yes. Twelve million times yes! 9. Yes. 10. haven't read but really really want to! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with Levi, Adrian and Finn. But I would chose Roar over Perry any day. :) Great list! :)
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we should just add all the male characters from the Lunar Chronicles, right? Wolf, Thorne and Kai all make me swoon HARD. Great list!

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket - Characters That Made Me Nuts, Then Made It All Better Again

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your list and must and now I think I'll go reread The 5th Wave. Thank you for sharing.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't worry, I LOVE Thorne, seriously I have never crushed on a fictional male this hard in a long time.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adrian made me swoon too. He was awesome. And I probably need to check out some of those other books too. :)

    have a good week


    My Top Ten Tuesday

    Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

    ReplyDelete