Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Dear 2015, Can I Have These Books NOW Please?!


The Top 10 Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where each week you post your top ten best, worst, etc. This week's topic is my ten anticipated releases of 2014! (I was a little overzealous when I created my list and mentioned more than ten books, oops!).

Happy New Years, everyone! New year means new books!! I'm so excited to read the new books and the sequels and the series enders (!!!) coming out this year. And, to be honest, I'm so excited for every single one of these. I'm too impatient to wait for them, but sadly I must.

I know this is only a few of the many books coming out in 2015, but trust that this list is going to grow tensfold when we get more into the year!


*More 2015 releases that, sadly, don't have covers or release dates yet.


Her debut novel, Something Real, came out last year and I still haven't read it (I know!) but it's on my radar! And I'll Meet You There sounds super cute and fun! I've heard great things about Something Real, so I have a feeling that I'll Meet You There will be just as good! 

The Ruby Cirlce by Richelle Mead: The last book in the Bloodlines series, and in the Vampire Academy world! No! I'm so sad for it to end! I love Sydney and Adrian and I loved their story together. But I'm excited to see how Richelle Meas wraps up this series! If it's anything like The Last Sacrifice, it's going to be a really great ending! 

A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab: There are nothing but praise when it comes to VE Schwabs other adult novel, Vicious (which I shamelessly own and still haven't read). I adored her YA series The Archived (with some problems -- add review here). Her writing style is absolutely beautiful and I know ADSOM is going to be amazing! Also, a jacket with five sides and parallel London universes? Yes, please! 

Mosquitoland by David Arnold: Mosquitoland is about a girl who, after moving away from home and her mom, travels back to her after hearing that she's sick. She takes buses back home and she meets interesting people along the way! This sounds like a road trip to me!!!! I am always down for a road trip book! (Is it still considered a road trip if they're not driving, but using public transportation? Hm.) Mosquitoland sounds like it's going to tug me right in the heartstrings and I am. So. Ready. 

The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord: I adored Emery Lord's debut novel, Open Road Summer, so I have no doubt that I'll enjoy her newest novel! I'm a sucker for contemporary romances. 

99 Days by Katie Cotugno: I'm a little on the fence about this one, since it has "cheating," in a sense, and a love triangle between brothers (two things that I cannot stand), but there's something about Katie Cotugno's writing that just gets to me. I loved her debut novel, How to Love. The writing was beautiful and it just touched me. And the reviews for 99 Days are praise after praise and it feels like I'm going to love it. 

Things We Know By Heart by Jessi Kirby: This novel sounds absolutely beautiful. It reminds me of the movie Searching for David's Heart with Danielle Panabacker on Disney Channel. Every time I read the synopsis, my heart swells. I can already feel how beautiful this novel is going to be! This might be my biggest anticipated release for contemporary romances this year. 

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas: Another Sarah J. Maas novel? Oh my god absolutely yes!!!! I am obsessed with the Throne of Glass series! I don't like Beauty and the Beast retellings, but with Sarah J. Maas writing it? You bet your sweet aunt Sally I'm gonna buy it and read it and fall hopelessly in love with it. I haven't even read it yet and I know I'm going to love it. 

Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen: Alright, let me admit this right now: I've never read Sarah Dessen. Nope, not ever. None of her novels sound appealing to me. Saint Anything will be my first novel read by her and I'm so flipping excited! It sounds really cute and really adorable. I'm really excited to read this one. 

The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh: This book sounds like it has the potential to be really sweet and also really badass. This is the first time I've heard of this author and I have such expectations for this book because it sounds so good.

Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway: I can't get over how cute this book sounds!! Emmy and Oliver were best friends when they were younger, until Oliver's father takes him away from everything, including Emmy, only returning years later. It sounds like such a cute reunion story.

Passenger by Alexandra Bracken: Are you kidding me? A new Alexandra Bracken series? Yes! I fell absolutely in love with The Darkest Minds this year, which definitely became my new favorite series of the year and for forever. Alexandra Bracken has also joined my list of favorite authors, so I'll definitely be buying her new book. Also it's about time travel? Hell to the yes.

The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick: Another book in the world of My Life Next Door!  In Tim's point of view? How can one not be excited for this! I wasn't a fan of Tim in the beginning, but he really started to worm his way in by the end and now he gets in own story with Alice? Kick ass nurse in training Alice? YES! Y e s !!

Series Sequels & Enders

Throne of Glass #4 by Sarah J. Maas: Yes! YES!!!!! Heir of Fire left me so heartbroken, crying in bed in a fetal position. And it doesn't come out until September! There's no cover, no synopsis. I'm dying here. I'm actually, truly dying. (I'm not, but you guys know the pain! The struggle!)

The Raven Boys #4 by Maggie Stiefvater: I haven't read the third book yet, but I know I'm excited for this one! The last one! GAH! Why must good things come to an end! But honestly, I gotta get to the third book soon. Like really soon.

Winter by Marissa Meyer: This series ending doesn't come out until the end of the year (why god!!) and it makes me so sad! Fairest comes out in February, and I'm excited for it, but not as excited as I am for Winter! We got to meet Winter in Cress and her character seems so interesting and odd and just straight up amazing and I cannot wait to get more chapters in Winters pov (point of view) and see Cinder kick ass!

11 comments:

  1. There are so many good books coming out this year! It looks like it'll be very exciting. I can't wait to read I'll Meet You There. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This year looks like it's going to be a great year for releases! Makes me so excited! And yes, that one is definitely high on my list!!

      Delete
  2. A Darker Shade of Magic! SQUEE. I'm so ready for Throne of Glass #4. I need it in my life RIGHT NOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME SAME SAME! The Throne of Glass series is so good! I don't know if I can wait until September until the next one!

      Delete
  3. Your blog looks so cute! I've been hearing great things about Sarah Maas, and I think that 2015 is the year that I might finally read something from her! :)
    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! x) Yes, please do! Sarah J. Maas is such a great writer! Her Throne of Glass series is seriously amazing!

      Delete
  4. OMG! You have a lot of books in your list which is totally amazing.
    MY TOP TEN TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might have to try A Court of Thorns and Roses, since I'm doing the Fairytale Retelling Challenge this year. I'm reading Throne of Glass right now, and while I don't think the writing is amazing, it's not so terrible that I'd avoid the author's other books. I think the story of "Beauty and the Beast" is interesting and I like to see the different ways that authors choose to tell it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With Throne of Glass, what really got to me was the direction of the plot and the story, as well as the characters and their developments (some of them have really amazing character developments so far). And I definitely agree, retellings can be spun in so many different ways, it's always fun to see a new take on the classic story!

      Delete
  6. Fantastic list! I also can't wait to get my hands on A Court of Thorns and Roses and The Wrath and the Dawn. They both sound really great, as does I'll Meet You There. You can check out my list if you would like at http://www.readinginthetardis.com/top-ten-most-anticipated-debut-novels-for-2015/
    I'm also started following you on Bloglovin. :)

    ReplyDelete