Thursday, February 12, 2015

January 2015 Wrap Up

I think the one (and only) time I've done a wrap up on this blog was in August two years ago. Ouch. I don't know why I didn't continue? I remember it being a lot of fun. So much so that I'm bringing it back! And it's going to be a regular things! 


I know, right! I'm trying to find more ways to be active on this blog, so I'm doing it in small ways (I'll talk more about that in another post). 

So! January. It was actually a good month? I'm honestly surprised. When I went back to school last semester, I was drowning in so much school work I barely read more then three books a month. Which is awful! Because I love reading (duh). But this semester, I'm taking a Young Adult Literature course and we're reading such great books! I'm a little hesitant on the choices but I think they'll be great, I trust my professor.

Now, onto the wrap up!



The Young Elites by Marie Lu: This book!!! Marie Lu did such a great job in her newest novel. It's a villain origin story and it's just so awesome!

Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater: What a book! This series, each book is better than the last! I'm so pumped for the last book in the series! Just give it to me already! (I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell) (But seriously can I please have it?!)

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson: Jandy Nelson is my obsession. She's only written two books and I am completely head over heels about both! Her writing is so beautiful, so wonderful it captivates you. It tugs at the heart strings and you'll experience a love for a book like you've never seen!

The Giver by Lois Lowry: Such a great book! I had to read it for my Young Adult Literature course and it just blew me away. It's such a clever book, everything in the novel is just so intricately done, it's fascinating.

Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi: Another read for my YA Lit class! I had never head of this book before this class, so I was very anxious about it. But woah was this book good! Very action packed! After a couple of pages, you're hooked. 

Fairest by Marissa Meyer: I didn't expect much out of this book, like the idiot that I am. And when I finished I was blown away! It's Marissa Meyer, how could I have anything but high expectations! It was amazing, like all of the other books in The Lunar Chronicles series! And I'm dying for Winter, coming out this November! 

No comments:

Post a Comment