Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Mini Review: Never Never


Title: Never Never
Series: Never Never #1
Author: Colleen Hoover, Tarryn Fisher
Release Date: January 7, 2015
Publisher: Hoover Ink
Genre: Mystery, Contemporary
Age Group: New Adult, Young Adult
Add it: Goodreads
Page Count: 150 pages
Source: Bought
Rating: 3/5

Best friends since they could walk.
In love since the age of fourteen.
Complete strangers since this morning.
He'll do anything to remember. She'll do anything to forget.








My Thoughts 

I can't believe I'm saying this but, I wasn't impressed with Never Never. I was pretty bored. When I first found out about this book, I was really nervous. I loved Colleen Hoover, I absolutely adored Hopeless and Maybe Someday. But I really disliked Slammed and Ugly Love, which was really disappointing because who wants to say they didn't like a book from one of their favorite authors? I had just finished Ugly Love, which I really didn't like, when the news for Never NeverI cant out and the summary didn't entice me. I was hoping that once I started reading it, I would be proven wrong, but sadly I was disappointed.

I think my whole attitude for the book is: It didn't do anything for me. I didn't love it, I didn't hate it. I don't like it, but I don't dislike it. There was so much hype around it that made it less exciting for me. Colleen has a huge shock factor in every one of her stories, which I love, but for this one I didn't really care. Then again, I didn't care much about the characters either. Although, I liked Silas, but I really disliked Charlie. The whole book was, dare I say it, boring. The only excited parts where the last two pages. Yes, two pages.

The only good thing about this book is that it was a super quick read. The shitty thing is that it's been split into, what, three parts? That feels unnecessary to me. I'll probably consider reading the second one, just to see what happens with Silas and Charlie.

No comments:

Post a Comment